Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laughter is indeed Good Medicine

Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day. Unfortunately I did something to my back and was unable to move very much so I was a bit confined to my room. However, just outside my window I heard my three youngest children out on the trampoline just playing and laughing. My back still hurt but my heart filled with gratitude and joy just hearing their laughter. These same three who often bicker and quarrel with each other were truly enjoying each others company and having a great time together. Little did they know how much they were helping me to heal. Although it wasn't long after that and they were back in the house arguing again,  still, there had been a blissful moment. And soon there was another one when they were all sound asleep peacefully in their beds. All was well and wonderful with them and their world. And although my world still moved with an aching back, and passed by loads of laundry and a sink full of dishes laughing at me as they seemed to multiply before my very eyes, hoping to be taken care of, I just laughed at them and walked on by, knowing they'd still be there tomorrow and every day after that, but the laughter of my young children will not always be heard from my bedroom window, and by recognizing that as one of Life's Little Joys,  I had just enough strength in my back to put a load into the dryer before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment